LIBLAS support - Not sure how to do that !

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
acottin

LIBLAS support - Not sure how to do that !

Post by acottin »

Bonjour,

I have compile CC and I was wondering how to enable liblas support under Ubuntu/Linux.
I've read several posts on the forum telling that it should be enable by default (!?) and that during the install process the paths to liblas and liblas binary would be asked... but this didn't happened.
And of course I can't open a las file directly in CC. So, I'm guessing that I don't have the support enable.

Is there any specific option to add at the command line ? if so, what would it be ?

FYI Liblas 1.7.0 is up and running on my system.

I've got pretty much the same question for PCL support.

Thanks.
Regards,
Antoine
daniel
Site Admin

Re: LIBLAS support - Not sure how to do that !

Post by daniel »

You must activate the 'OPTION_USE_LIBLAS' checkbox in CMake (and quite equivalently the 'INSTALL_QPCL_PLUGIN' for PCL bridge).

Then you'll have to enter the lib and include paths (see http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... tion_CMake).

However for liblas:
- LAS support is only activated in 'release' mode (due to the fact that liblas CMAKE project compiles and installs both release and debug files with the same name at the same place ... so we only use the release ones)
- I've never tested it on a Linux system yet!

So good luck and don't hesitate to give us your feedback,

P.S. : luckily the qPCL plugin and PCL integration has been done by Luca Penasa who only works on Linux.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
acottin

Post by acottin »

Problem solved !

FYI, I installed cmake-qt-gui and this enable the gui approach describe in the wiki for windows. As simple as that !

Code: Select all

% sudo apt-get install cmake-qt-gui
% cmake-gui
After selecting the desire options (liblas and PCL for me), return to the console in the sources directory and type

% sudo make install
Last command to update the share libs

% sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Antoine
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add this to the wiki!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin