[FIXED] Cannot build on Fedora

All about Linux portage
Antwa

[FIXED] Cannot build on Fedora

Post by Antwa »

Hey,

I'm trying to build CC on my Fedora 20 (64bits).

Cmake steps ran smoothly. From the README, I understand that I need to exit the CMake-GUI and then go to the "build" directory and then "make". But this causes an error while building the software:

Code: Select all

[...]
[ 20%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccCameraSensor.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/cc2DViewportObject.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccQuadric.cpp.o
[ 21%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/cc2DViewportLabel.cpp.o
[ 21%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccOctree.cpp.o
[ 21%] Building CXX object libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccMesh.cpp.o
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp: In member function ‘bool ccMesh::merge(const ccMesh*)’:
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1006:10: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘default’
      int default[3] = {-1,-1,-1};
          ^
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1008:38: error: expected primary-expression before ‘default’
       m_triNormalIndexes->addElement(default);
                                      ^
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1055:10: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘default’
      int default = -1;
          ^
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1057:35: error: expected primary-expression before ‘default’
       m_triMtlIndexes->addElement(default);
                                   ^
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1111:10: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘default’
      int default[3] = {-1,-1,-1};
          ^
/data/home/user/Downloads/trunk-master/libs/qCC_db/ccMesh.cpp:1113:37: error: expected primary-expression before ‘default’
       m_texCoordIndexes->addElement(default);
                                     ^
make[2]: *** [libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/ccMesh.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libs/qCC_db/CMakeFiles/QCC_DB_LIB.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Am I missing an important step? I press on configure and generate a couple of times before this. Again, no error message during the cmake. The Only option I checked is "GDAL". So, my understanding is that the "build" step is not correctly ordered. What I am supposed to do exactly after generating from CMake-GUI?

Thanks for any help
A.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cannot build on Fedora

Post by daniel »

Nope, it's just that it's brand new code and I hadn't the time to test it on Linux (the 'default' name is reserved and gcc doesn't accept it as a variable name ;).

I've fixed the trunk.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin