Multiple frames and multiple origin

Feel free to ask any question here
arina_slayer

Multiple frames and multiple origin

Post by arina_slayer »

Hi, I'm new here..

I am working on differentiating stereo camera and SLAM which embedded on car to analyze the same scene.

First of all,

1. Is it possible to set origin in each multiple frames to see the movement of the car in sequence?
2. Is there any particular method or parameter to set the origin of the picture?

Btw, I'm using pcd files. I'm sorry if my points is not that clear but you can try to understand my points from below:
origin.png
origin.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Thank you and i am looking forward hearing from you!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Multiple frames and multiple origin

Post by daniel »

Well, I'm not sure what you call 'frame', but we have what we call 'viewports' that correspond to specific positions (and parameters) of the 3D view camera. With multiple viewports you can even create an animation (see the qAnimation plugin).

To create viewports manually, you have to open the 'Camera settings' dialog, define the orientation, center and other parameters, and then save the applied viewport (CTRL+V or Display > Save viewport).

Another option is to create a 'camera' object (Edit > Sensors > Camera > Create), apply the camera viewport (via the camera entity properties) and then save it as a 'viewport' object.

Last, it's also possible to load calibrated pictures (image + viewport information). It's a little bit more complicated, especially if you want to do it manually, but if necessary I could explain it to you.

And if you want to do this programmatically, you'll have much more options by the way.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
arina_slayer

Post by arina_slayer »

Thank you for the information!

I used the sensor that you were saying.
sensor 2.png
sensor 2.png (164 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
sensor 1.png
sensor 1.png (146.26 KiB) Viewed 1267 times

As you can see in the picture above. I loaded 4 images or I called it as a frame of pictures where the scene was captured by stereo camera which embedded on the car.
The sensor that I created show the view from the stereo camera of the car which is correct.
But, I have 4 frames or images which consists of 4 different angles or view since the car is moving and change direction. Therefore, my point is, is it possible to have 4 sensors to each frames or images to see the car is actually changing the direction or what not?

Thanks!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Sorry, I failed to understand what you are looking for. You can create as much viewpoints as you want, and you can even regroup them in 'groups'. And you could also load 2D images but I don't think this is what you are looking for either.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin