CloudCompare Crashes every time I use ICP from CommandLine

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
JayS

CloudCompare Crashes every time I use ICP from CommandLine

Post by JayS »

Hey Support Team,

I am using CloudCompare to overlay a cloud and a mesh, run ICP, then perform C2M distance and finally save the resultant scalar field. Here is my command:
CloudCompare.exe -C_EXPORT_FMT ASC -SEP COMMA -AUTO_SAVE OFF -O C:/Users/Jay/PointCloud.obj -APPLY_TRANS C:/Users/Jay/Matrix.txt -SAMPLE_MESH POINTS 2500000 -POP_MESHES -O C:/Users/Jay/reference.stl -ICP -C2M_DIST -OCTREE_LEVEL 8 -MAX_DIST 20 -SAVE_CLOUDS

After running this a pop up console appears. A get a series of messages and loading bars for loading in the PointCloud, applying the transformation, sampling the mesh and loading the reference mesh (stl file). After this, the system crashes and I get a pop-up which says that CloudCompare has stopped working (I have attached an image of this). Finally If I run the above command without the -ICP, then everything works perfectly and it saves that scalar field. Furthermore, If I run this entire operation using the CloudCompare application (GUI) then it seems to work perfectly ICP and all. I need the ICP to create a more accurate Scalar Field.

Please let me know if this bug has a fix, or if I am doing something wrong from my end.

Thanks,
-Jay S
Attachments
Error Pop-Up
Error Pop-Up
CloudCompare Error.PNG (67.86 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CloudCompare Crashes every time I use ICP from CommandLine

Post by daniel »

Which version are you using?

I experienced the same thing when registering two meshes with the 2.10.alpha version. I still haven't found why it crashes?!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
JayS

Post by JayS »

I am using v.2.10.alpha [64-bit].
Is there a newer version where I can do the same thing? Or Do I need to downgrade to an older version?
Thanks,
-Jay S
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

For now you should use the stable 2.9 version.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin