Command Line PCV

For any question about plugins!
cwsheen61

Command Line PCV

Post by cwsheen61 »

I am running Linux 2.10.1 Zephyrus; the Command Line wiki lists -PCV {params} as a command line option, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Is this a working function and I'm just not calling it right? Or is it not working?

I am familiar with Command Line operation, for example, here is a command line I use frequently, and successfully.

cloudcompare.CloudCompare -AUTO_SAVE OFF -NO_TIMESTAMP -LOG_FILE /home/ubuntu/Desktop/CClog.txt -O /home/ubuntu/Desktop/recordings/COEX_lobby_replay/pointcloud_COEX_lobby_replay_N_r.ply -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT ASCII -SET_ACTIVE_SF 2 -FILTER_SF 0 40 -SOR 25 0.05 -SS SPATIAL 0.005 -SF_COLOR_SCALE /home/ubuntu/Desktop/scales/intensity -SF_CONVERT_TO_RGB FALSE -SAVE_CLOUDS FILE /home/ubuntu/Desktop/recordings/COEX_lobby_replay/pointcloud_COEX_lobby_replay_N_r_out.2.ply

I would like to include a -PCV in this command line right after the application of the intensity colors. I know how to insert the command, but CloudCompare exits with error when it reaches the -PCV directive.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Wade Sheen
Kaarta
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Command Line PCV

Post by daniel »

I have never tried the PCV option via the command line myself. I bet it will need a graphic/OpenGL context.

Do you have more information about the error output by CC?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
RomanPC

Post by RomanPC »

Hey,

I'm (probably) having the same problem on windows.

The Error is produced by adding "-PCV -180 -N_RAYS 500 -RESOLUTION 1024" to my otherwise working command line input. The parameters are set according to the Command Line wiki, but when reaching the -PCV part the Error pops up stating:

"Unknown or misplaced command -PCV"

even though the command window shows -PCV/ShadeVis as one of the plugins found.

Is there a specific order you need to apply for the plugin to work or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance!

Roman
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

It seems indeed that a call to 'registerCommands' internally has disappeared!

We'll have to fix this... Thanks for the report!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah no wait, it is called... I'll have to investigate further...
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ok so I tried on my side and the '-PCV' option was functional.

I still updated the code because the scalar field was not properly handled (when saving the result to BIN files) and it was only possible to apply it on a single mesh (now it's possible to apply it on any number of clouds and meshes).

Can you maybe try with this new version? (just in case, I updated the 2.11.alpha version for Windows online).

If it's still doesn't work, can you try the command -PCV alone? Or post the full command line that you tried?
RomanPC

Post by RomanPC »

Hey daniel,

Awesome! I downloaded the 2.11 alpha and now it works without any changes in the command!

Thank you!