Site Admin

Re: Gaussian Splatting

Post by daniel »

Indeed!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
dagi

Post by dagi »

Is it a way to edit PLY GSplats files in CloudCompare? I tried but I don't know how to import/export them to work correctly.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Probably not, or at least not as 'gaussian splats' as this is not managed by CC (at best, you could import the individual components as scalar fields, but that wouldn't help much).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
dagi

Post by dagi »

There is a lot of things to import and I tried to do it somehow but that was just guessing and probably should be also save in specific way. Is it possible to make a plugin or something to do that in CC or just better to use specific tools for that? At this moment I have seen video of Unity plugin what can do that. I also found something in github but doesn't work after export in native viewer. Thanks for info :)
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

There are comming out tools that start to allow to segment semiautomatically splatsts, manually clean up the floaters etc. While It would be super handy CC to handle this format, the todo list is like so freaking long I think this feature wold falla bit at the bottom.

Yet, I think there could be room for some middleground splats edit, since the splat seem to rely in theese elipsoids, may be it could be exported the center point of theese as point cloud as, lets say, .ply. Cleanup whatever needed, and import back as splat. Not sure if hte .ply allow for extra data, if not a sepparate file should be exported relating whatever additional data needed in the spalt to each point index.

I think this could be a reasonable solution for splat edits. Yet need some works on CC and the Splat software as importer/exporters for it to work.