Crash when clicking FILE > OPEN

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Crash when clicking FILE > OPEN

Post by daniel »

Here is the FARO plugin (just unzip the archive in the same directory as the beta - the manifest file must be next to CloudCompare.exe and the DLL file should fall in the 'plugins' folder):
CloudCompare_v2.6.2.beta_bin_x64_FARO_plugin.zip
FARO plugin for 2.6.2.beta (05/18)
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
For the normals, you'll have to wait for a next beta indeed ;).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Laserbrain

Post by Laserbrain »

Thanks!

Normals, yes!
leo

Post by leo »

Hi, I have the very same problem. I Installed the windows 64 bits version of cloudcompare 2.9.1, then the 2.10 alpha. The file/open command crashes the program. If then I drag and drop a file it is possible to visualise and manipulate it but when I hit the save button, again, crashes. I am using a windows 8.1 64 bit system. Thank you in advance
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Actually this is a slightly different problem. It was due to a bug with some versions of Windows + some graphic cards (what's yours by the way?). Displaying the native file loading dialog would make CC crash (this is why it works when bypassing this dialog and dropping a file on the 3D view). We didn't hear about this for long!

A workaround is to recompile CC (after changing a simple line of code). But I'm not sure you'll like that option ;)
leo

Post by leo »

the graphic card is: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 270, dedicated video memory of 2048 Mb. I'm not a programming expert, but I would be soso glad if you let me know how I can make it work. Thank you
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah! I actually forgot that I added an option to choose whether the native dialogs should be used or not.

With the latest version at least (2.10.alpha), but probably with the 2.9.1 as well:
- go to the Display Settings (Display > Display settings)
- go the the 'Other options' tab (default)
- uncheck the 'Use native load/save dialogs'

Hopefully it should fix the issue :D
leo

Post by leo »

Hi, the situation is quite bad: after unchecking as you mentioned the "use native load/save dialogs" I managed to save a file but not to open one, but with troubles. I needed to be fast after the beginning of save procedure (no more than 2 seconds or it froze and then crashed) and I was unable to change any directory or changing the title of the document. It got worse when I used plugins (Canupo and Compass), any time I clicked save from them the program opened the save window and suddenly crashed.
leo

Post by leo »

At the moment I am using photoscan with 98% use of CPU. I will try later when the CPU will not be loaded. Just in case
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum, something seems fishy on your computer... Do you have another PC with Windows 7 or Windows 10 maybe? (just to check)