Autodesk Recap and compared cloud result

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
cadkay

Autodesk Recap and compared cloud result

Post by cadkay »

I am having a bit of problem with opening my file on Autodesk Recap. I used the tutorials provided on the website as guideline when carrying out the comparison on my clouds/mesh. After carrying out the comparison, I saved the file as an ASCII file, which I believe can be opened on Autodesk Recap. However, when the file is opened in Recap, the model opens with no colour (either grayscale or black), and when I change from RGB to Intensity on recap it changes the colour to red. I have tried to play around a bit with some of the setting but none has been successful.
I have also tried to set unique/colorize the clouds and even converting the scarlar field to RGB but it still comes out as grayscale or black on Recap.

Slightly confused now and not sure what else to do to get the file to open in Recap

Help :)
Last edited by cadkay on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: AutoCAD Recap and compared cloud result

Post by daniel »

I don't know how Recap works, and I doubt it is very clever when dealing with ASCII files (as they can have very different configurations and it's hard to guess the right one).

Can you try to set convert the distances SF to RGB and then save the file as E57? (I believe Recap loads E57 files). It it works, then you can even try to rename the Distances SF 'Intensity' (Edit > SF > Rename) and save it again as E57. I believe Recap should be able to load the Intensity field as well.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
cadkay

Re: Autodesk Recap and compared cloud result

Post by cadkay »

It WORKED!

Thank you!