.OBJ Meshes loaded have a red color tint on the image texture

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
rohithkp

.OBJ Meshes loaded have a red color tint on the image texture

Post by rohithkp »

Hi Forum,

I am kinda new to CC and I'm using it for a registering a multiple 3d meshes together for a research project and creating a merged mesh. However, all the meshes that I load on CC seems to have a red tinted texture that does not seem to be due to the lighting. As you can see in the image below, the mesh is of the back of a head but it is colored with a red tint. This is not visible if I load the same mesh in meshlab(also attached), and meshlab provides the correct coloring. I initially thought it was possibly the lighting but toggling the sun and custom lighting did not produce any difference in the appearance. Even exporting the merged mesh with textures as .ply object, and loading it in meshlab gives the mesh with red tinted texture. Is there a way I can fix this, and load the meshes with the correct texture colors? Is it the way I'm loading the file, or the way the file is read is different from meshlab?
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.20.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.20.47 PM.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.19.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.19.09 PM.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: .OBJ Meshes loaded have a red color tint on the image texture

Post by daniel »

AH! It's clearly not 'normal'. What are the settings of the light colors? (in 'Display > Display options')

Otherwise, can you provide me with the mesh so that I can test it on my side?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin