run error--"The application was unable to start correctly (0

All about Windows versions
we0704

run error--"The application was unable to start correctly (0

Post by we0704 »

Hello everyone,

Please help me with the following error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135)"
I followed the compilation wiki and used Visual Studio 2012 X86 as the generator. Then, I opened the CloudCompareProjects solution and built it successfully,but I run it in release mode ,then the above error came up. How do I solve this?
I have the following spec:
- Windows 7 64bit
- MS Visual Studio 2012 X86
- Qt x86-msvc2012_opengl-5.3.2.
- CMake 3.1
daniel
Site Admin

Re: run error--"The application was unable to start correctl

Post by daniel »

The trick is that CMake installs all the file in a custom folder (the one defined in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) but Visual doesn't know about it. Make sure that you have write access to this folder (Program Files is sometimes blocked for non admin users).

To configure Visual properly:
1. Compile the INSTALL project and check that all files are correctly copied in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directory (under the 'CloudCompare' or 'CloudCompare_debug' folders depending on your configuration)
2. Edit the 'Debug' properties of the CloudCompare project (right click on the project and select 'Properties' at the bottom, then browse to the 'Debug' item in the left tree). Change the default 'Command' to point to the 'CloudCompare.exe' file in the installation folder.

Now when you'll run the CloudCompare project, Visual will launch the right file. But from now on, instead of simply compiling the CloudCompare project or the solution you'll have to compile the INSTALL project instead (so as to be sure that all files are updated by CMake - you'll get used to it ;).

P.S.: you have to edit the 'Debug' properties for all the configurations you want to use (i.e. Debug, Release, etc.)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
we0704

Re: run error--"The application was unable to start correctl

Post by we0704 »

thank you for your help!