Search found 3 matches

by danhps
Sun Aug 09, 2026 8:06 pm
Forum: Questions
Topic: Comparing cloud compare outputs
Replies: 5
Views: 11336

Re: Comparing cloud compare outputs

Thanks, Daniel! The shape doesn't change too much, but I guess it is all a matter of degrees. It sounds like it might work for two brains at least, I'll give it a try. Do you think it would work iteratively, for many brains, or would the interpolation errors compound with each additional comparison?
by danhps
Sun Aug 09, 2026 5:36 pm
Forum: Questions
Topic: Comparing cloud compare outputs
Replies: 5
Views: 11336

Re: Comparing cloud compare outputs

Here is one heatmap resulting from a brain case-brain comparison. I want to register a bunch of heatmaps similar to this one together and somehow "average" the values to get an average heatmap.
Screenshot from 2026-08-09 13-33-20.png
Screenshot from 2026-08-09 13-33-20.png (64.59 KiB) Viewed 11323 times
Dan
by danhps
Sun Aug 09, 2026 3:53 pm
Forum: Questions
Topic: Comparing cloud compare outputs
Replies: 5
Views: 11336

Comparing cloud compare outputs

I'm a biologist at Adelaide University in Australia. I've been put onto Cloud Compare by some archeologist colleagues as a way to compare the shape of two anatomical structures. In my case, I am comparing the shape of the brain of an animal with the shape of its brain case, to see where the brain ...