compiled successfully, but cannot run

All about Windows versions
lidarfan

compiled successfully, but cannot run

Post by lidarfan »

Dear Daniel,
I compiled the program successfully, but when I ran it, I got the error as shown in the attached picture error.png. It seems that there is a problem to call Qt5Cored.dll.

Would you please advise what might cause the error? This is other information for your diagnosis:

1) I am using Windows 10 (64bit), MS Visual Studio 2019 Community, CMAKE 3.14.1, QT 5.12.2. All of them are the recently released software.

2) For QT, I installed the one based on MSVC 2017 64-bit, which is the latest available from QT as well. Please see attached picture QT.png.

3) I compiled the install project successfully (see attached picture compileSuccess.png).

4) I specify the installation project to save all files to a local drive called C:\CC. See the attached picture installedFiles.png.

I wonder whether it is because MS Visual Studio 2019 I am using is incompatible with the QT-based MSVC 2017 64-bit. Many thanks for your help in advance and please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (8.3 KiB) Viewed 22821 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: compiled successfully, but cannot run

Post by daniel »

It seems to be an issue with OpenGL... What graphic card have you? And does the official 2.10 (or the 2.11 alpha) version works on your computer?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
lidarfan

Post by lidarfan »

My graphic card is NVIDIA TITAN Xp.
I tried both 2.10 and 2.11 alpha. Neither can start. However, the 2.6.3 beta can run nicely.

I also tested the executables in another older Dell computer (Win7 64bit, with probably built in graphic card see attached picture). I got the same results (i.e., both 2.10 and 2.11 alpha cannot start, but 2.6.3 beta can). I compiled the github code in that computer and got the same results as well (i.e., compiled successfully, but cannot run).

Is it possible to download the source code for 2.6.3 beta from github? I am curious whether I can compile that on my computers.

Thanks for your advice!
Attachments
graphiccard.png
graphiccard.png (13.02 KiB) Viewed 22812 times
lidarfan

Post by lidarfan »

aha, Daniel. I just found this: I ran the compiled program remotely via Windows Remote Desktop Connection and had the error. However, if I just started the program locally, it worked great. So, it seems that the 2.10 and 2.11 beta do not support Remote Desktop while the 2.6.3 does.

I control my computer remotely at the daily basis to get work done. Is there a way to fix this issue in the latest version? Thanks again.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yep, since Qt 5, remote desktop access is not always supported (actually it is possible to achieve that, but not with any configuration). Same thing for old Intel chipsets.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin