FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
When rendering out using the animation plugin, often people are getting this error. I asked some folks to change their display resolution back to 1920x1080 but it seems this is not a fix for all although it did work for some people.
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
I've never seen this error, but I personally don't use this plugin often. Is it occurring with a particular format/codec maybe?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
-
asconstruction1967
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2026 2:40 pm
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
Hi, were you able to find a fix for this? I am getting the exact same error message. Tried manually reducing the size of my window but nothing is working. Thanks
-
I&R_Digital
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2026 6:41 pm
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
hi, I would also like to bump this, we get same message.
Preview is working ok, Export frames is working also, but when you click Render, that message apperas
we tried with MOV and other video formats, same message.
frames can be exported and processed in third party software, but it would be much easier if Render work
we tried with MOV and other video formats, same message.
frames can be exported and processed in third party software, but it would be much easier if Render work
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
Does it work better if you try with a output path that has no space/blank character?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
-
I&R_Digital
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2026 6:41 pm
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
we didn't tried that before, but it is same issue
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
And have you tried to change the window size? (by actually reducing the CloudCompare window size)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
-
I&R_Digital
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2026 6:41 pm
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
you mean like not full screen? i did it just now, same message.
i did it provisionally, maybe there is some methodology?
i tried other options than super resolution, only one available is zoom, and it is the same with it
like i said, frames are exported in selected folder, preview works, just Render is the issue
i did it provisionally, maybe there is some methodology?
i tried other options than super resolution, only one available is zoom, and it is the same with it
like i said, frames are exported in selected folder, preview works, just Render is the issue
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
Yes, I guess it's a codec issue then. And sadly there are many codecs, and it's hard to know what they like or don't like. Do you have this issue with all codecs/formats?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
-
I&R_Digital
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2026 6:41 pm
Re: FAILED TO OPEN FILE FOR OUTPUT: INVALID VIDEO SIZE
Yea, i tought it could be something with codecs, it's always something with them :D
like i said, frames export works, so there is a way around it: merge frames as image sequence in third party software.
but it still takes a lot of additional time and disk space to merge, for example, 6 sequences in one orbit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a63xHMR9j6Y
like i said, frames export works, so there is a way around it: merge frames as image sequence in third party software.
but it still takes a lot of additional time and disk space to merge, for example, 6 sequences in one orbit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a63xHMR9j6Y