Page 1 of 1

OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:54 am
by Jay_Ki
Hello,

I would like to report a possible bug related to OBJ textures when using the Cross Section tool.

The issue can be reproduced as follows:

1. Open an `example.obj` file that has a texture.
2. Use the **Cross Section** tool to cut the model and create a section.
3. If I am not satisfied with the resulting section and remove/delete it, the texture of the original model disappears.
4. Once this happens, I have to restart CloudCompare and reopen the model to restore the texture.

This issue seems to occur specifically with OBJ files. I have tested the same workflow with PLY and GLB files, and the problem does not occur with those formats.

For simple tasks, restarting CloudCompare and reopening the model is only a minor inconvenience. However, if this happens during a more complex workflow involving multiple processing steps, it can become a significant problem.

I would like to know what might be causing this behavior and whether it is something that can be fixed.

Thank you.

* version : v2.14 beta
* you can check the issue at the link below.
https://youtu.be/I-YO0ghfl1g

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:34 pm
by daniel
Good catch. What is the date associated to the 2.14.beta version you add the issue with?

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 7:38 pm
by daniel
(I can't reproduce this issue on my side at least, with the latest 2.14.beta version of the 13th of September)

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:51 am
by Jay_Ki
feb 21 2026 version.
I am going to retry with recent version.

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 4:32 am
by Jay_Ki
https://youtu.be/0AKRf-cbMdo
same issue occured

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:20 pm
by daniel
I guess you are working on Windows, but what is your graphic card model? (you can see it in the console on startup, and also the OpenGL version, etc.)

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:16 am
by Jay_Ki
CPU : i7 10700F
GPU : NVIDA GEFORCE RTX 3070
GL VERSION : 4.6.0 NVIDA 580.97

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:08 pm
by daniel
Almost the same as me then... Strange.

I'll have to look at the code and try to imagine what can go wrong...

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:35 pm
by daniel
Ok, this should be fixed now! You can test the latest 2.14.beta version on Windows.

Re: OBJ Texture Disappears After Removing a Cross Section

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:49 am
by Jay_Ki
It works. Thanks for your services!