Compilation of CloudCompare code to change signed distance parameter in c2m_dist

Feel free to ask any question here
AntoninoC

Compilation of CloudCompare code to change signed distance parameter in c2m_dist

Post by AntoninoC »

Hi,
i would like to download and compile the CloudCompare code in Visual Studio 2019.
I followed the steps described in the documentation and in the following link http://www.danielgm.net/cc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=992 but when i run the CloudCompare project i got an error since these libraries are missing: libpng16.dll, harfbuzz.dll and pcre2-16.dll. How can i solve this problem?

I'm doing all of this just to change the signed distance parameter in c2m_dist command and use it by windows command line. Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks you.
Best regards
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compilation of CloudCompare code to change signed distance parameter in c2m_dist

Post by daniel »

Have you activated in CMake a lot of plugins and support for 3rd party libraries?

Because these DLLs shouldn't be required by the default installation (CloudCompare only, with Qt).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
AntoninoC

Re: Compilation of CloudCompare code to change signed distance parameter in c2m_dist

Post by AntoninoC »

Thanks for your answer.

I attached you some screen of my cmake setting: what do you think could be wrong? Which flags should i disable?
Do you have any suggest?

Thanks.
Best regards
Attachments
Screen3.png
Screen3.png (66.18 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Screen2.png
Screen2.png (43.89 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (40.11 KiB) Viewed 949 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I guess you can uncheck:
- CCCORELIB_SHARED
- OPTION_BUILD_CCVIEWER
- OPTION_USE_DXF_LIB
- OPTION_USE_SHAPE_LIB

But if this is what was already checked, I'm surprised you got this error...Are you properly installing all the files (by compiling the 'INSTALL' project) and then running from the 'installation' folder?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin